Thursday, July 26, 2007

This and That.

(Flashback, last week)

Of all the days, I chose to write today. On my rooftop. On a night when the sky looks like it just caved in to the dark side. Ominous black clouds have blanketed the sky and rain is just around the corner. Oh, and the first flash of lighting just showed up. Great :) Anyway, I decided to do some justice to my love for writing and here I am, Ctrl+S-ing as I write so that I can shut my laptop and dash for cover when rain says hello :)

Okay, rain's here. Timeout :)

(Now, July 26)

Back on my rooftop. No rain threat today (hope is a beautiful thing) and I'm turning 28 at midnight today. My friends will be here in the next hour or so for a little celebration and I don't got much time to write...so let's see how far I go. Talking about friends, I'm truly grateful for the friends that I have acquired in Chicago. Just plain grateful. Its unfair to talk about some friends and not about others, but one of them deserves a special mention - Kabs. I call him a one in a hundred and a hundred friends rolled into one. Why the special mention? Simply because of his friendship that has tolerated my DABby behavior (DAB - Drunk Ass Bitch :)) for awhile and he doesn't drink! Maybe I'm one of the reasons why he'll never drink - I'm so outta control all the time! Can't forget the day when I passed out a dominos pizza store last year after drinking/dancing/partying for long hours. What a disaster! :D

What else? Work. My passion for what I do (am a software engineer) is just growing (knock on wood) and I'm lovin it! Last week, my manager randomly called me into his office and said I got a pay hike because I exceeded his expectations throughout the one year that I've been working with my company. Joy. Not to mention the "shield-vangina look" on my face when I get introduced as the Social Director for the entire IT department (as opposed to a Java Developer, which is my primary duty). So, things have been good at work.

Moving on. I've registed for a walking challenge at work. Starting this saturday, for one full month, I have to walk (or run) at least 6 miles every day! I have a pedometer already that tracks my walking progress and the shocking truth is that we have almost 90 participants! That's huge. I expected to compete with around 15-20 people at most but what do I know, right? Maybe my company is super health-conscious - gotta change my pattern of throwing drinking parties, I guess.

Ah. How can I mention my newest bus adventure? I take the bus to work everyday (stop is right outside my apartment) and I've been noticing this girl at the stop for the past 2 weeks or so. If I were to describe her, I'd say smart, successful, friendly and super hot (timeout, wipes sweat) :) I walked up to her, struck up a conversation and we seem to get along fine. She seems pretty interested but god knows how girls think and what they want. I've missed our usual bus timing for the last 3 days and I'm slowly starting to forget her - gotta get back to my routine!

Weekend. I'm going to Michigan with six others in a minivan tomorrow evening, to hit Porcupine Mountains (a state park in the upper peninsula). The drive should be fabulous, the stay must be awesome and we're there for a day. Returning sunday night. Its time to partayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I have a weakness, people. For road trips, that is. Absolutely love to drive and explore!

One last thing. I saw The Transformers. Twice. Amazing graphics. My roomie hated it but wait, different folks, different strokes. Right? Megan Fox is so damn hot. I saw her on the Jay Leno show, was it? Can't remember..but apparently, she changed her last name from "Foxx" to "Fox". Useless trivia indeed. The way I see it, she can be an "ex" churning machine given her hotness and she has to compensate, I guess, by dropping an X. How random -)

I'm done. I got too much goodies out here with me right now and it makes me lazy to get up. But I gotta. To name a few, I have my laptop (duh?), cellphone, a half-full bottle of 312 (yes, am an optimist :)), a pack of smokes, a lighter and myself. Takes an effort to move around with so much stuff but it helps.

Ciao.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

like the DAB will remember that to curse your DAB so that you can get your DAB out of the your DABA..ok..now i lost myself..good blog ..we want some details ..waiting for your next update!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home