Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Some more craziness! (it just keeps comin' at me!! ;))

Good news first. This will be my tiniest blog so far :)

I work for a startup software firm where typically, the employees are tightly knit and there's no corporate bullshit. Everybody knows each other on a personal level and we make fun of each other, some of us hang out together and we spend a lot of time working together on whatever the situation demands. Okay, enough build-up :). Now, if you announce your resignation in a startup firm when your employers don't expect it, shit happens. I told my bosses that I'm considering leaving and when I announced my resignation, here's what happened.

There is no exaggeration whatsoever, in the excerpt below :)

(I walk in to boss 1's room and boss 2 also joins us)

**********

Boss 1: Are we all one happy family again? (wide grin)
Me: Well, I decided to leave and I hope you'll respect my decision.
Boss 2 (looks me in the eye): Why do you have to phuck us in the ass, dude?
Me: I'd actually prefer not to, both literally and figuratively.
Boss 2: Well, that woulda been more pleasurable than the news you're giving us.
Me: Thanks.

2 more minutes rolled by, some more pleasantries were exchanged and we were done.

**********

How crazy is this? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home